A contract opportunity recently came into my inbox. The contract requirements read as follows:
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of experience in a role as a software developer
- Experience setting up Linux, Docker, Windows and virtualization as a lead DevOps and systems administrator
- Relational database design/query optimization experience with SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Reddis and noSQL.
- Experience creating and consuming web services (JSON / XML),
- A “Doer” – willing to jump in and help
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude and willing to meet at the request of multiple stakeholders with very short notice.
I turned down this opportunity. I do not strive to be everything. I only strive to be better. It’s not humanly possible to meet the requirements of this job.